Last Updated on January 11, 2019 by Admin
What are two characteristics of Ethernet MAC addresses? (Choose two.)
- They are globally unique.
- They are routable on the Internet.
- They are expressed as 12 hexadecimal digits.
- MAC addresses use a flexible hierarchical structure.
- MAC addresses must be unique for both Ethernet and serial interfaces on a device.
Explanation:An Ethernet MAC address is a 48-bit binary value expressed as 12 hexadecimal digits. MAC addresses must be globally unique by design. MAC addresses are in flat structure and thus they are not routable on the Internet. Serial interfaces do not use MAC addresses.